THE LEO HOUSE IS AFFILIATED WITH CATHOLIC CHARITIES AND THE NEW YORK ARCHDIOCESE UNDER ARCHBISHOP TIMOTHY DOLAN. THROUGH THE DEDICATION OF THE BOARD MEMBERS & EXPERIENCED MANAGERIAL PROFESSIONALS & STAFF,
THE LEO HOUSE PROVIDES GUEST SERVICES, AND WE LIVE UP TO OUR STATEMENT THAT WE ARE â€śTHE PLACE WITH A HEART IN NEW YORK CITYâ€ť.
- VOLUNTEERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE INCLUDING RELIGIOUS, LEGAL, FINANCIAL, AND INVESTMENT DONATE EXPERTISE AND TIME TO ENSURE THAT THE LEO HOUSE IS FULFILLING ITS NOT-FOR-PROFIT OBLIGATIONS UNDER GOVERNMENTAL LAWS, AND, ABIDES BY ITS OWN BY-LAWS AND PROCEDURES ENABLING US TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MISSION OF PROVIDING CHR ISTIAN HOSPITALITY TO WORLD TRAYELERS.
FRANK J. CASTRO - EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR , (5 YRS. WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- 40 years experience in implementing financial, administrative and operational controls and compensation reviews.
- Experienced in customer service, government, not-for profits, public accounting & two fortune 500 companies, Mobil Oil And Columbia Pictures.
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting from ST. JOHNâ€™S UNIVERSITY with additional graduate business school cources.
WARREN LE CRUISE â€“ DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES /SPECIAL PROJECTS, (26 YRS. WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- 30 years experience in facilities operations & building code requirements.
- Numerous certifications in various building trades and in ada compliance, air pollution controls, hvac, fire safety, and building security.
- Formal trade school certification from Berke Trade School
LUCY MORALES â€“ MANAGER, FRONT DESK OPERATIONS (34 YRS. WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- Excellent experience in guesthouse operations, guest relations, charitable individuals and organizations, fulfilling guestsâ€™ needs for this 120 years old guest house.
IRIS GUIDA â€“ MANAGER, FOOD SERVICES & DINING ROOM OPERATIONS (25 YRS. WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- Holds a New York city health department certification in food handling.
- Excellent experienced baker, party and event planner.
- Presently assisting the executive director with administration and human resource issues.
PAULETTE BEDWARD- MANAGER, HOUSEKEEPING & LAUNDRY SERVICES (24 YRS. EXPERIENCE WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- Certifications in housekeeping and food & beverage management.
- Experience in housekeeping processes and procedures, and use of safe cleaning chemicals
- Spearheads our Going Green program.
SISTER KATHLEEN RIES, MINISTER, HOSPITALITY AND PASTORAL MATTERS
(CELEBRATED HER 50TH GOLDEN JUBILEE WITH CSA IN 2010 AND 5 YRS. WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- Welcomes guests during the breakfast, sharing tips and information regarding sights to see and securing Broadway tickets.
- Engaged in United Nation activities as a Board member of UNANIMA International, working to end violence against women and providing clean water for all people.
- Member of the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes (CSA), founded in 1858 in Fond du Lac, WI.
- CSA is the foundation for the continued survival of The Leo House for 120 years.
- Masters Degree in School Administration from Mount Mary College, MI.
- School Principal in New York, Mississippi, Arizona, and Wisconsin.
SISTER MARILYN ELLICKSON , MINISTER, DEVELOPMENT / GUEST INFORMATION (48 YEARS AS A SISTER OF CSA AND 3 YEARS WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- Sister is our resident â€śSUPER USERâ€ť in computer and artistic design projects and is the editor of the semi-annually published THE LEO HOUSE NEWSLETTER that is mailed to over 15,000 domestic and international guests.
- Helped raise significate donations and monitors & develops new fund raising programs.
- Developed new methods to raise money and improve public relations for the leo house and its mission.
- Holds graduate degree in education from Bank Street College Of Education in New York City.
- Taught for 25 years, at elementary schools in Kansas, Wisconsin And New York.
RENATO RIVERA, MANAGER, ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL (4 YRS WITH THE LEO HOUSE)
- 10 years experience as a controller in the garment industry
- 30 years of excellent accounting experience in banking, real estate and a research analyst with American Express.
- Degreed accountant, University Of The East Manila, The Philippines with additional courses in finance and advance accounting.